Automated Trading Championship 2010 Registration Starts
MetaQuotes has announced the official start of the registration for the Automated Trading Championship 2010 today. It will last for more than three months (until September 22nd) and is open to everyone. The official rules of this Forex tournament have been released too.
Like for the last contest (year 2008; 2009 championship wasn’t held) the total prize fund is $80,000 with $40,000 for the 1st place, $25,000 for the 2nd place and $15,000 for the 3rd place. And, as always, the registration is completely free. The rules are pretty clear and are similar to the previous versions used in the past championships from MetaQuotes. The most important are:
* Contest lasts from October 1st till December 24th, 2010.
* Only MQL5 (MT5) expert advisors are allowed.
* No DLLs — only expert advisors (.ex5 files), libraries (.mqh files), data files and custom indicators (.ex5 files) are allowed.
* Maximum 3 positions and pending orders active at the same time.
* Maximum size of a position is 5 lots.
* Total maximum size of all currently active positions and orders (except for stop-loss and take-profit) — 15 lots.
* No scalping (a share of profit earned on positions closed with profit equal or less than the spread should be below 25%).
* At least 5 trade should be made during the course of the contest.
* Unlike with previous MT4 contests, EAs can now trade on up to 12 currency pairs simultaneously.
I will be participating in Automated Trading Championship 2010 but I am still working on my contest EA because the profitable expert advisors that I currently have aren’t good for the contest (they are too long-term and non-aggressive).
If you want to participate too, you should register for Automated Trading Championship 2010.